The big broadcast of 1937 [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures ; Adolph Zukor presents ; produced by Lewis E. Gensler ; directed by Mitchell Leisen ; written by Walter DeLeon and Francis Martin.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Radio stations -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- System Details:
- A cream-of-the-crop gathering of 1930's radio stars, who lend themselves to a storyline about a failing radio station which needs to put on a huge ratings winner to have any chance of continued operation. An interesting mixture of the stars whose fame continued to grow, those who became bit players in show business history, and those who have been forgotten entirely.
- Jack Benny, George Burns, Gracie Allen, Bob Burns, Martha Raye.
- Music by Boris Morros.
- Based on a story by Erwin Gelsey, Arthur Kober and Barry Trivers.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Leisen, Mitchell, 1898-1972. , Director
Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976 , Producer
Gensler, Lewis E., 1896-1978. , Producer
DeLeon, Walter. , Screenwriter
Martin, Francis. , Screenwriter
Benny, Jack, 1894-1974 , Actor
Burns, George, 1896-1996 , Actor
Allen, Gracie, 1902-1964. , Actor
Burns, Bob. , Actor
Raye, Martha. , Actor
Gelsey, Erwin, 1900-1988. , Author
Kober, Arthur, 1900-1975. , Author
Trivers, Barry, 1907-1981. , Author
Morros, Boris, 1891-1963 , Composer
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927) , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|