Severall proceedings in Parliament [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Title varies: Severall proceedings in Parliament and other intelligence and affaires No. 153 (2 Sept. 1652)-)
Several proceedings in Parliament
- Printed at London : for Robert Ibbitson dwelling in Smithfield, 1649-1653.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Government document
186 v. ;
Numb. 1. (From Tuesday 25 Septemb. to Tuesday the 9th. of October, 1649)-Num. 186 (From Thursday the 14 of Aprill. to Thursday the 21 day of Aprill. 1653.).
- Continued By:
- Severall proceedings of state affaires
- Great Britain -- History -- Puritan Revolution, 1642-1660 -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
- Newsbooks -- England -- 17th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Below title of issue no. 1: Hen: Scobell Cleric. Parliamenti.
Henry Scobell was both licenser and editor until early 1650, when Henry Walker became editor. Cf. Frank.
Imprint address varies slightly.
No full stop after "Parliament" in title.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Some issue dates given according to Lady Day dating.
The newsbook was an officially sanctioned publication, "a diluted digest" of the House of Commons Journals. Cf. Frank.
This record subsumes all editions and variants of individual issues of this title, as recorded by Nelson & Seccombe.
Title from caption.
With continuous pagination and register.
A few issues have variant printings with missing or misprinted numbers or dates. Cf. Nelson and Seccombe.
Day of publication varies.
Supplements issued with No. 143 and 144 consist of a two-part history of King Charles I, each with its own title, designation, pagination and signatures; the history may also have been sold separately.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- Frank, J. Beginnings of the English Newspaper 1620-1660, pp. 201-202
Nelson & Seccombe. Brit newspapers and periodicals, 1641-1700, 599.001-186
Times handlist, p. 25
- Has Supplement:
- Beginning of an history of the life, reigne, and death, of the late King Charles Numb. 1 (CU-RivES)R223448 (Uk-ES)006130031
Continuation of an history of the life, reigne, and death, of the late King Charles Numb. 2 (CU-RivES)R223449 (Uk-ES)006130032
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|