Olla podrida [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Collected, with added title: Olla podrida, a periodical work, complete in forty-four numbers
- Oxford : printed for C. S. Rann, opposite Queen's College. Sold also by Mess. Faulder, New Bond Street; T. and J. Egerton, near Whitehall; and S. Hayes, No. 332, Oxford Street, 1787-1788.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
Number I. (Saturday, March 17th, 1787.)-Number XLIV. (Saturday, January 12, 1788.).
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1760-1789 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Essays -- 18th century -- England.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England Oxford.
- A nota bene above the colophon of no. 44 suggests a table of contents and a list of the names of the correspondents was intended, but not printed?
Above colophon in most issues, within square brackets: To be continued every Saturday, price three-pence.
Collected with added title page bearing the imprint: Oxford : printed for C. S. Rann; and J. Nichols, Red-Lion-Court, London; sold also by Messrs. Faulder, T. and J. Egerton, S. Hayes, J. Deighton, and Elliot, Kay, and Co., 1788 and with a preface, signed Thomas Monro.
Imprint from undated colophon; no. 9-11, 14, 29 and 40 lack colophons.
Projected and edited by Thomas Monro, who contributed a number of articles.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Some issues contain J. Nichols's name in colophon.
With continuous pagination and register; pp. 245-246 mis-numbered 445-446.
No more published.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1307
- Monro, Thomas, 1764-1815, ed.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|