The Prompter [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- Prompter (London, England : 1734)
- Other Title:
- Burney Collection
- [London] : Printed for J[ohn]. Peele, at Locke's Head, in Amen-Corner, Paternoster Row: where letters to the author are taken in, 1734-1736.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
173 v. ;
Numb. I. (Tuesday, November 12. 1734.)-CLXXIII. (Friday, July 2. 1736.).
- English poetry -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Intellectual life -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- A proposed collected ed. announced in final issue, in which contributors are to be identified.
Below colophon in square brackets: Price Two-pence.
Below title: To be continued Tuesdays and Fridays.
Editor: Aaron Hill, with assistance from William Popple; Eustace Budgell's name was also associated with this publication. Cf. DNB.
Imprint from undated colophon.
Imprints vary; from no. 10: Printed for T[homas]. Cooper, at the Globe in Ivy-Lane, near Pater-noster Row.
Includes topics of general social interest including women's nature and position in society, with theatrical criticism, performance and acting criticism. Some issues include poetry.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Title from caption.
No more published; note on no. CLXXIII refers to closure of publication.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
Issues reprinted in Dublin.
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- Crane & Kaye, 752
Times handlist, p. 40
- Budgell, Eustace, 1686-1737, attributed name.
Hill, Aaron, 1685-1750, ed.
Popple, William, 1701-1764, ed.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|