The Grumbler [electronic resource] : By Squire Gizzard.
- Standardized Title:
- Grumbler (London, England : 1715).
- Other Title:
- Burney Collection
- London : printed by W[illiam]. Wilkins, at the Dolphin in Little-Britain; and sold by R. Burleigh in Amen-Corner. Where advertisements are taken in, 1715.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
34 v. ;
Semiweekly, Apr. 19-July 15, 1715
Numb. I. (Thursday, Feb. 24. 1715.)-Numb. XXXIV. (Tuesday July 12. to Friday July 15. 1715.).
- Great Britain -- Political satire -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Wit and humor -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Below title of no. 1: To be continued weekly.
Description based on: Numb. I. (Thursday, Feb. 24. 1715.); title from caption.
Imprint from undated colophon.
Imprint varies; no. 17-25 replace Burleigh as bookseller by J[ames]. Roberts; no. 30-34 add: J[ohn]. Graves, A. Boulter and J. Harrison as booksellers.
Latest issue consulted: Numb. XXXIV. (Tuesday July 12. to Friday July 15. 1715.).
Most numbers printed in two columns on folio half-sheet; no. 29-30 are several folio pages in length.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Squire Gizzard = Sir Thomas Burnett.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- Bodleian newspapers, p. 61
Stewart, P. Brit. newspapers, 89
- Burnett, Thomas, d. 1750, ed.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|