The Free-holder [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Free-holder (London, England : 1715)
- Other Title:
- Free holder
- London : [s.n.], 1715-1716.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
55 v. ;
Numb. I. (Friday, December 23. 1715.)-Numb. LV. (Friday, June 29. 1716.).
- London (England) -- Newspapers.
- Essays -- England -- 18th century.
Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Above text: To be continued every Monday and Friday.
Colophon to Numb. IV bears the imprint: "London : printed, and sold by S. Gray in Amen-Corner"; subsequent issues printed by Samuel Gray.
Consists mainly of political essays.
Description based on: Numb. I. (Friday, December 23. 1715.); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Numb. LV. (Friday, June 29. 1716.).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Written and edited by Joseph Addison (cf. NCBEL).
With unnumbered supplement: A free-holder extraordinary (Tuesday, March 6. 1716.).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
There were several editions reprinted as: The Freeholder; or as, The Free-holder, or Political essays; also reprinted in French (1727). The original complete run was reprinted in duodecimo in 1716 and throughout the 18th century.
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- Bodleian newspapers, p. 54
Stewart, P. Brit. newspapers, 77
- Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719. ,
- Free-holder extraordinary.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|