Ianuary the 20. Numb. 14. Weekely newes, containing the imprisonment of the Cardinall Clossell [electronic resource] : The treatie and preparations in France and other parts, for the recouering of Veltolina. The arriuall of the Persian ambassadour at Constantinople. The surprising of the city an kingdome of Babylonia by a Turkish commander. The restitution of the Prince of Anholt. The meeting of diuers Protestant princes of Germany. The preparations in Holland for the West-India Companie. Besides the newes of the dyet, and the fort of Papermutz. As likewise all the late proceedings of the Prince of Orange, Count Mansfield, the Duke Christian of Brunswick: and at the other side, the designes and attempts of the Imperial and Spanish generalls.
- Other Title:
- January the 20. Numb. 14. Weekely newes, containing the imprisonment of the Cardinall Clossell
Weekely newes, containing the imprisonment of the Cardinall Clossell
- London : printed [by George Eld?] for Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, and Bartholomew Downes, 1623.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers [electronic resource].
17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
, 22 p. ;
- Thirty Years' War, 1618-1648 -- Early works to 1800.
Europe -- History -- 17th century -- Newspapers -- Early works to 1800.
- Newsbooks -- England -- 17th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- No. 14 of a series of newsbooks published beteween Oct. 1622 and Sept. 1624 by a small group of publishers including Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, Thomas Archer and others, most numbers of the series having distinctive titles. In early Sept. 1624 Archer left the group an founded a competing newsbook (cf. Dahl).
Printer conjectured by Dahl.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. 2009 miunns
- Local notes:
- Images from the source library are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Cited in:
- Dahl, F. Bibliography of English corantos and newsbooks 1620-1642, 93
STC (2nd ed.), 18507.92
- Bourne, Nicholas, publisher.
Butter, Nathaniel, d. 1664, publisher.
Downes, Bartholomew, publisher.
Eld, George, d. 1624, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|