A Yiddish world remembered [videorecording] / Connecticut Public Television ; Two Cats Productions ; written, produced and directed by Andrew Goldberg.
- Other Title:
- Subtitle added by distributor: Vanished world of Jewish Eastern Europe [videorecording]
- [New York, NY] : Shanachie Entertainment Corp., c2010.
1 videodisc (56 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jews -- Europe, Eastern -- Civilization.
Jews -- Europe, Eastern -- Intellectual life.
Judaism -- Europe, Eastern -- History.
Europe, Eastern -- Ethnic relations.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- "[This film] looks back at the all but vanished Jewish way of life that existed in eastern Europe before World War II. Through never before seen archival films, vintage photographs, traditional cantorial and Klezmer music, and personal recollections, once-vibrant cities and small towns (shtetls) come alive again."--Container.
- Narrator, Elliot Gould.
- Cinematography, Zach Levy; editor, Jacob Craycroft; music, Michael Schlesinger.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture first broadcast in 2002.
"This film made possible in part by a grand from the Koret Foundation ... [et al.]."--Opening frames.
Special feature: an additional 40 minutes of bonus content not included in the television version. Bonus content provided by Steven Spielberg Film and Video Archive, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Aspect ratio 4:3.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Disc V0216 & V0249.
- Goldberg, Andrew, 1968- , Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Gould, Elliott. , Narrator
Schlesinger, Michael. , Composer
Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc. , Producer
Two Cats Productions. , Producer
Koret Foundation. , Producer
Shanachie Entertainment Corp. , Distributor
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
- Publisher Number:
997 Shanachie Entertainment Corp.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|