Land-divers of Melanesia [electronic resource] / produced by Robert Gardner & Kal Muller for The Film Study Center, Harvard University.
- Watertown, Mass. : Documentary Educational Resources, 1972.
- Ethnographic video online.
1 streaming video (34 min.) : sd., col.
- Indigenous peoples -- Melanesia.
Pentecost Island (Vanuatu).
Melanesians -- Social life and customs.
Melanesians -- Rites and ceremonies.
- Ethnographic films.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "On the island of Pentecost in the New Hebrides archipelago, a few hundred Melanesians maintain a traditional life thanks to their geographic isolation and to the leaders who have resisted Christianity, schools and cooperatives. Bunlap, where this film was shot, is the largest and most important community of these people."--Ethnographic video online.
- Narrator, Kal Muller.
- Camera, Kal Muller, Jacques Gourguechon ; editing, Robert Gardner.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed on Jan. 30, 2012).
Previously released on DVD.
Recorded in Bunlap, Micronesia.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2010. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Müller, Kal, 1939- , Producer
Gardner, Robert, 1925- , Producer
Harvard University. Film Study Center. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|