Japigia gagÌ [electronic resource] = Roma stories / a Gianni Princigalli's [sic] documentary ; University of Bari, department of Historical et Social Sciences, Murst ; Provincia di Bari, Department of Social Solidarity ; Princigalli Produzioni ; soggetto e regia, Giovanni Princigalli.
- Other Title:
- Roma stories
- Watertown, Mass. : Documentary Educational Resources, 2003.
- Ethnographic video online.
1 streaming video (59 min.) : sd., col.
- Romanies -- Italy -- Bari.
Squatters -- Italy -- Bari.
Bari (Italy : Province).
- Ethnographic films.
- In Italian and Romany with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In Japigia, a neighborhood in the periphery of Bari, Italy, a small community of Roma (Gypsies) carve out an existence in an illegal, ramshackle encampment. The local church has offered them a piece of land with prefabricated houses, but the town hall is preventing this offer due to their own plans for a future a railway station. Continually in danger of evacuation and making a living primarily by begging for money, the Roma still manage to foster a strong community and lively social atmosphere.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed on Feb. 20, 2012).
Previously released on DVD.
Recorded in Bari, Apulia, Italy.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2010. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Princigalli, Giovanni. , Director
Princigalli Produzioni. , Producer
Università di Bari. Dipartimento di scienze storice e sociali. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|