Music for piano and wind [sound recording] / Poulenc.
- Standardized Title:
- Chamber music. Selections
- [Wyastone Leys, Monmouth, England] : Nimbus Alliance, p2010.
- Conference Name:
- Music in the Round.
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Trios (Piano, bassoon, oboe)
Sonatas (Flute and piano)
Sonatas (Oboe and piano)
Sonatas (Clarinet and piano)
Sextets (Piano, bassoon, clarinet, flute, horn, oboe)
- Music in the Round is Britain's leading chamber music promoter outside London. Based in Sheffield, it began in 1984 as a two week long festival in its 'in the round' home of the Sheffield Theatres Studio. The Festival is still running along with Autumn and Spring series, a large and expanding education and community programme Music in the Community, a national touring programme, series across South Yorkshire and resident group Ensemble 360. Ensemble 360 has gained an enviable reputation across the UK not only for the quality and integrity of their playing, but also for their ability to communicate the music to a range of different audiences. Formed in 2005, as eleven musicians of international standing came together to take up residency in Sheffield with Music in the Round establishing a versatile group comprising five string players, five wind players and a pianist.
- Sonata for flute and piano FP 164 (1956-57) (12:22)
Trio for oboe, bassoon and piano FP 43 (1926) (12:02)
Sonata for clarinet and piano FP 184 (1962) (13:33)
Sextet for wind quintet and piano FP 100 (1931-1939) (17:28)
Sonata for oboe and piano FP 185 (1962) (13:54).
- Ensemble 360 (Naomi Atherton, horn ; Guy Eshed, flute ; Tim Horton, piano ; Matthew Hunt, clarinet ; Peter Whelan, bassoon ; Adrian Wilson, oboe)
- "Music in the Round"
Recorded May 28-31, 2008, at Potton Hall, Suffolk.
Program notes (11 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Nimbus Alliance (Sound recording label)
University of Sheffield.
Ensemble 360. , Performer
- Poulenc, Francis, 1899-1963. Sonatas, flute, piano.
Poulenc, Francis, 1899-1963. Trios, piano, oboe, bassoon.
Poulenc, Francis, 1899-1963. Sonatas, clarinet, piano
Poulenc, Francis, 1899-1963. Sextet, piano, woodwinds, horn.
Poulenc, Francis, 1899-1963. Sonatas, oboe, piano.
- Publisher Number:
NI 6121 Nimbus Alliance
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|