Orthodontic treatment of the class II noncompliant patient [electronic resource] : current principles and techniques / edited by Moschos A. Papadopoulos.
- Edinburgh ; New York : Mosby, 2006.
1 online resource (xiii, 398 p.) : ill. (some col.)
- Malocclusion -- Treatment.
- Medical subjects:
- Malocclusion -- therapy.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This comprehensive and practical reference provides up-to-date information on the techniques available for the treatment of the Class II noncompliant orthodontic patient. It covers all the clinically relevant information needed by the practicing orthodontist, including: mode of action, indications and contra-indications, advantages and disadvantages of each appliance. No other such text is currently available. Describes fixed functional appliances, which act in both arches to advance the mandible.Describes distalization appliances, which act only in the maxillary arch to move molars distally, including: Pendulum, Distal Jet, Keles Slider, magnets and superelastic coils.Reviews the possibilities of using implants for absolute anchorage.Provides analysis of the evidence-based efficiency of appliances.Written by an international group of contributors from the USA, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, Brazil and Australia.Illustrated in full-color throughout.
- Section I CLASS II ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT AND COMPLIANCE
1.The problem of compliance in orthodontics
2.Classification of the non-compliance appliances used for Class II correction
Section II NTER-MAXILLARY APPLIANCES USED FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CLASS II NON-COMPLIANT PATIENTS
3.Overview of the inter-maxillary non-compliance appliances
4.The Herbst appliance
5.The Cantilever Bite Jumper
6.The Ritto Applianceʾ
7.The Mandibular Protraction
8.The Mandibular Anterior Repositioning Appliance
9.Energy management: The philosophy behind fixed intermaxillary mechanics
10.The Jasper Jumper
11.The Flex Developer
12.The Eureka Spring
13.The Twin Force Bite Corrector in the correction of Class II malocclusion in adolescent patients
14.The Sabbagh Universal Spring
Section III INTRA-MAXILLARY DISTALIZATION APPLIANCES USED FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CLASS II NON-COMPLIANT PATIENTS
15.Overview of the intra-maxillary non-compliance distalization appliances
16.The Pendulum appliance
17.The Penguin Pendulum
18.Non-compliance Class II treatment with the Distal JetAldo Carano
19.The Keles Slider appliance for bilateral and unilateral maxillary molar distalization
20.The Jones Jig and modifications
21.The use of magnets for maxillary molar distalization
22.The First Class appliance
23.An effective and precise method for rapid molar derotation
Section IV INTRA-MAXILLARY APPLIANCES WITH ABSOLUTE ANCHORAGE USED FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CLASS II MALOCCLUSION
24.Overview of the intra-maxillary non-compliance appliances with absolute anchorage
25.The use of implants as absolute anchorage for Class II correction
26.The use of onplants for maxillary molar distalization
Section V CLINICAL EFFICACY OF THE NON-COMPLIANCE APPLIANCES
27. Clinical efficacy of the non-compliance appliances used for Class II orthodontic correction.
Sect. I. Class II orthodontic treatment and compliance. The problem of compliance in orthodontics / Andrej Zentner
Classification of the noncompliance appliances used for Class II correction/ Moschos A. Papadopoulos
Sect. II. Intermaxillary appliances used for the management of Class II noncompliant patients. Overview of the intermaxillary noncompliance appliances / Moschos A. Papadopoulos
The Herbst appliance / Hans Ulrik Paulsen, Moschos A. Papadopoulos
The Cantilever Bite Jumper (CBJ) / Joe H. Mayes
The Ritto appliance - an easy way to treat Class II malocclusions / Antonio Korrodi Ritto
The mandibular protraction compliance in the treatment of noncompliant Class II patients / Carlos Martins Coelho Filho, Fabio Oliveira Coelho
The Mandibular Anterior Repositioning Appliance (MARA) / James E. Eckhart
Energy management: the philosophy behind fixed intermaxillary mechanics / James J. Jasper
The Jasper Jumper / Frank J. Weiland
The flex developer / Heinz Winsauer, Alfred Peter Muchitsch
The Eureka Spring: a compact, versatile, and cost-effective Class II corrector / John P. DeVincenzo
The twin force bite corrector in the correction of Class II malocclusion in adolescent patients / Flavio Uribe, Jeff Rothenberg, Ravindra Nanda
The Sabbagh Universal Spring (SUS) / Aladin Sabbagh
Sect. III. Intramaxillary distalization appliances used for the management of Class II noncompliant patients. Overview of the intramaxillary noncompliance distalization appliances / Moschos A. Papadopoulos
The pendulum appliance / M. Ali Darendeliler, Gang Shen, Friedrich K. Byloff
The penguin pendulum / Joe H. Mayes
Noncompliance Class II treatment with the distal jet / Aldo Carano, Steven Jay Bowman
The Keles slider appliance for bilateral and unilateral maxillary molar distalization / Ahmet Keles
The Jones Jig and modifications / Moschos A. Papadopoulos
The use of magnets for maxillary molar distalization / Lars Bondemark
The First Class Appliance / Arturo Fortini, Lorenzo Franchi
An effective and precise method for rapid molar derotation: Keles TPA / Ahmet Keles
Sect. IV. Intramaxillary appliances with absolute anchorage used for the management of Class II malocclusion. Overview of the intramaxillary noncompliance appliances with absolute anchorage / Moschos A. Papadopoulos
The use of implants as absolute anchorage for Class II correction / Aldo Giancotti, Claudio Arcuri
The use of onplants for maxillary molar distalization / Lars Bondemark
Sect. V. Clinical efficacy of the noncompliance appliances. Clinical efficacy of the noncompliance appliances used for Class II orthodontic correction / Moschos A. Papadopoulos.
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 19, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Papadopoulos, Moschos A.
ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Orthodontic treatment of the class II noncompliant patient.
- 9780723433910 (electronic bk.)
0723433917 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|