Ṿer iz ṿer [videorecording] = Mi hu mi / YidiShpil, teʼaṭron ha-Yidish be-Yiśraʼel ; [adaptation, direction and choreography, Jan Shurmey]. = ווער איז ווער.
- Other Title:
- Mi hu mi [videorecording]
Title in English: Who is who? [videorecording]
- [Full screen presentation].
- [S.l. : s.n., 2009?]
1 videodisc (125 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Gronemann, Samuel, 1875-1952 -- Film adaptations.
Jews -- Germany -- 1933-1945 -- Drama.
Mistaken identity -- Drama.
Theater, Yiddish -- Israel.
- In Yiddish; introduction in Hebrew; the stage production had Hebrew supertitles projected above the stage, but these have not been captured in the filming.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, PAL.
- "A musical tragicomedy dealing with identities, prejudices, and anti-Semitism in Germany in the 1930s."--Yiddishspiel Theater English language website.
- Yankele Alperin, Annabella, Samadar Ben-David, Dori Engel.
- Music, Adrian Philip Tabetzky; lyrics, Michael Voitishko.
- Videodisc release of a filmed performance of the play produced in 2009.
"The play 'Who is who' is directed by Ian Sharmai. An adaptation by Sami Gruniman ... of the play 'Jacob and Christian.' ... Woven into the play are songs with lyrics by Machel Vitishko ... and music by Adrian Philip Tabetzky."--Yiddishspiel Theater English language website.
Cataloged chiefly from Yiddishspiel Theater English language website.
Play was originally 150 minutes including intermission.
Aspect ratio 4:3.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Disc V0207.
- Szurmiej, Jan. , Adapter, Choreographer, Director
Gronemann, Samuel, 1875-1952. , Adapter, Author
Alperin, Yankele. , Actor
Anabella. , Actor
Engel, Dori. , Actor
Tabetzky, Adrian Philip. , Composer
Ṿiṭishḳo, Mats'ei. , Lyricist
YidiShpil, teʼaṭron ha-Yidish be-Yiśraʼel. , Producer
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|