3 westerns [videorecording] : Man of the west, Hour of the gun, Duel at Diablo / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc.
- Other Title:
- Three westerns [videorecording]
Man of the west, Hour of the gun, Duel at Diablo [videorecording]
- [Widescreen presentations].
- Beverly Hills, CA : distributed by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2010.
- MGM movie collection.
MGM movie collection
2 videodiscs (304 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Brown, Will C., 1905-1995 -- Film adaptations.
Outlaws -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Recidivists -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Violence -- Arizona -- Tombstone -- History -- 19th century -- Drama.
Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Earp, Wyatt, 1848-1929 -- Drama.
Holliday, John Henry, 1851-1887 -- Drama.
Tombstone (Ariz.) -- History -- Drama.
Albert, Marvin H. -- Film adaptations.
Indians of North America -- Wars -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Racism -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
United States. Army. Cavalry -- Drama.
- Western films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- (Man of the west) "On his way to hire a schoolteacher, a homesteader is left a hundred miles from anywhere when the train he is on is robbed. With him are an attractive dancehall girl and an untrustworthy gambler and he decides to get shelter nearby from outlaw relatives he used to run with. They don't trust him and he loathes them but they decide he can help them with one last bank job."--IMDb website.
(Hour of the gun) "Marshal Wyatt Earp kills a couple of men of the Clanton gang in a fight. In revenge Clanton's thugs kill the marshal's brother. Thus, Wyatt Earp starts to chase the killers together with his friend Doc Holliday."--IMDb website.
(Duel at Diablo) "Lieutenant McAllister is ordered to transport several ammunition wagons to another fort through Apache territory with only a small troop of rookie soldiers to guard them. Along for the ride is ex-scout Jess Remsberg who is trying to track down Ellen Grange, who, having recently been freed from Apache captivity, has mysteriously run off again to rejoin them. Remsberg frees Ellen again and leaves her with the embattled soldiers as he rides off to the fort, not only for help, but to find the man who killed and scalped his Indian wife."--IMDb website.
- [Disc 1] Man of the west / a Walter M. Mirisch production ; an Ashton Picture ; screenplay by Reginald Rose ; directed by Anthony Mann ; United Artists
[disc 2, side A] Hour of the gun / United Artists ; the Mirisch Corporation presents ; a Mirisch-Kappa Picture ; produced and directed by John Sturges ; written by Edward Anhalt
[disc 2, side B] Duel at Diablo / United Artists ; a Nelson-Engel-Cherokee production ; directed by Ralph Nelson ; produced by Ralph Nelson and Fred Engel ; screenplay by Marvin Albert and Michael Grilikhes.
- (Man of the west) Gary Cooper, Julie London, Lee J. Cobb, Arthur O'Connell.
(Hour of the gun) James Garner, Jason Robards, Robert Ryan, Albert Salmi.
(Duel at Diablo) James Garner, Sidney Poitier, Bill Travers, Bibi Andersson.
- (Man of the west) Director of photography, Ernest Haller; editor, Richard V. Heermance; music, Leigh Harline.
(Hour of the gun) Director of photography, Lucien Ballard; editor, Ferris Webster; music, Jerry Goldsmith.
(Duel at Diablo) Director of photography, Charles F. Wheeler; editor, Fredric Steinkamp; music, Neal Hefti.
- Videodisc release of three motion pictures produced in 1958 (Man of the west), 1967 (Hour of the gun) and 1966 (Duel at Diablo).
Man of the west is based on the novel The border jumpers / by Will C. Brown. Duel at Diablo is based on the novel Apache rising / by Marvin Albert.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1 (Man of the west, Hour of the gun); 1.66:1 (Duel at Diablo).
- Mann, Anthony, 1906-1967 , Director
Rose, Reginald. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Mirisch, Walter. , Producer
Cooper, Gary, 1901-1961 , Actor
London, Julie. , Actor
Cobb, Lee J., 1911-1976 , Actor
Harline, Leigh. , Composer
Brown, Will C., 1905-1995. , Author
Sturges, John, 1910-1992 , Director, Producer
Anhalt, Edward, 1914-2000. , Screenwriter
Garner, James, 1928-2014 , Actor, Producer
Robards, Jason. , Actor
Ryan, Robert, 1909-1973. , Actor
Goldsmith, Jerry. , Composer
Nelson, Ralph, 1916-1987. , Director, Producer
Albert, Marvin H. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author
Grilikhes, Michael. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Engel, Fred. , Producer
Poitier, Sidney. , Actor
Travers, Bill. , Actor
Hefti, Neal. , Composer
United Artists Corporation. , Producer
Ashton Productions. , Producer
Mirisch Corporation. , Producer
Cherokee Productions (Firm) , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Distributor
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Distributor
- Man of the west [videorecording]
Hour of the gun [videorecording]
Duel at Diablo [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|