On the ruins of Babel : architectural metaphor in German thought / Daniel L. Purdy.
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press : Cornell University Library, 2011.
- Signale (Ithaca, N.Y.)
Signale : modern German letters, cultures, and thought
x, 316 p. ; 23 cm.
- Architecture and philosophy -- Germany -- History.
Philosophy, German -- History.
Architecture and literature -- Germany -- History.
German literature -- History and criticism.
- The decline of the classical orders
Science or art? : architecture's place within the disciplines
Architecture in Kant's thought : the metaphor's genealogy
How much architecture is in Kant's architectonic of pure reason?
The house of memory : architectural technologies of the self
Goethe's architectural epiphanies
The building in Bildung : Goethe, Palladio, and the architectural media
Goethe and the disappointing site : buildings that do not live up to their images
Gothic deconstruction : Hegel, Libeskind, and the avant-garde
Benjamin's mythic architecture.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780801476761 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0801476763 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|