Kiss me Kate [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; screen play by Dorothy Kingsley ; produced by Jack Cummings ; directed by George Sidney.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (ca. 140 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Actors -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Description and travel.
- Feature films.
- In English, with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- Two squabbling, 20th-century ex-marrieds are cast as squabbling Renaissance romantics in a musical version of The taming of the shrew. On stage they fight it out and backstage they continue to clash.
- Kiss me Kate (ca. 1:50:00)
Cole Porter in Hollywood : Too darn hot / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; written, produced and directed by Peter Fitzgerald (ca. 10:00)
Mighty Manhattan, New York's wonder city / directed by James H. Smith ; produced and narrated by James A. FitzPatrick (ca. 20:00).
- Kathryn Grayson ; Howard Keel ; Ann Miller ; Keenan Wynn ; Bobby Van ; Tommy Rall ; James Whitmore ; Kurt Kasznar ; Bob Fosse ; Ron Randell ; Willard Parker.
- Screenplay based upon the play produced on the stage by Lemuel Ayers and Arnold Saint Subber ; music and lyrics by Cole Porter ; musical direction, André Previn and Saul Chaplin ; choreography by Hermes Pan ; director of photography, Charles Rosher ; film editor, Ralph E. Winters ; costumes designed by Walter Plunkett.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1953.
Based on the play by Samuel and Bella Spewack.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Sidney, George, 1916-2002 , Director
Cummings, Jack, 1900-1989. , Producer
Kingsley, Dorothy. , Screenwriter
Spewack, Bella Cohen, 1899-1990. , Author
Spewack, Samuel, 1899-1971. , Author
Grayson, Kathryn, 1922-2010. , Actor
Keel, Howard, 1919-2004. , Actor
Miller, Ann, 1923-2004. , Actor
Wynn, Keenan, 1916-1986 , Actor
Van, Bobby. , Actor
Rall, Tommy. , Actor
Whitmore, James, 1921-2009 , Actor
Kasznar, Kurt, 1913-1979. , Actor
Pan, Hermes, 1905-1990. , Cinematographer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- Porter, Cole, 1891-1964. Kiss me, Kate., Composer
Cole Porter in Hollywood : too darn hot [videorecording]
Too darn hot [videorecording]
Mighty Manhattan, New York's wonder city [videorecording]
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|