The life of George Fred. Cooke, (late of the Theatre Royal, Covent Garden). Composed principally from journals and other authentic documents left by Mr. Cooke, and the personal knowledge of the author, comprising original anecdotes of his theatrical contemporaries, his opinions on various dramatic writings, &c. By William Dunlap. In two volumes.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Memoirs of George Frederick Cooke
Memoirs of Geo. Frederick Cooke
- 2d ed., rev. and improved.
- London, printed for H. Colburn and sold by Bell and Bradfute, Edinburgh; and John Cumming, Dublin, 1815.
2 v. port. 21 cm.
- Cooke, George Frederick, 1756-1812.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "W. Pople, Printer, 67, Chancery Lane."--T.p. verso.
First published in 1813 under title: Memoirs of George Frederick Cooke.
Preface dated February, 1813, New York.
The identity of the reviser for the "second edition" has not been established.--Cf. BAL.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy 1 has binder's ticket of Henry Miller, N.Y.
Culture Class Collection copy 2 has bookplate of Joseph Harrison, Jr. (1810-1874) and Theodore L. Harrison (1876-1965).
- Penn Provenance:
- Harrison, Joseph, 1810-1874 (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy 2)
Harrison, Theodore, 1876-1965 (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- BAL, 5010
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|