The life of Henry VII / Bernard Andrés ; translated and introduced by Daniel Hobbins.
- Standardized Title:
- Historia regis Henrici Septimi. English
- Other Title:
- Life of Henry 7th
Life of Henry the Seventh
- New York : Italica Press, 2011.
xl, 83 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Henry VII, King of England, 1457-1509.
Great Britain -- History -- Henry VII, 1485-1509 -- Sources.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
Richard III, King of England, 1452-1485.
- "An English translation of Bernard André's Latin Life of Henry VII, with introduction to the humanist historiography of Richard III and of Henry, the first Tudor monarch of England. Includes bibliography and index"--Provided by publisher.
- The literary context: humanism
Genre, style, and structure
Interpreting the life of Henry the Seventh
A history of the life and deeds of Henry the Seventh by Bernard Andre of Toulouse
About the royal origin of each of his parents
About the place and time of Henry the Seventh's birth
About the name of the place where he was born
About the place where he was educated
About his sudden departure from that place
About the divine prophecy concerning Henry the Seventh
And the heavenly care given to the Earl of Richmond's son, who was deprived of a parent
The constancy of his royal mother
About Edward, Earl of March
Of internal wars
The tearful outcry of the author
About the cruel death of the holy king
The report is communicated to Richard
The excuse of the author
About the royal coronation
About the splendid celebrations and tournaments at the royal coronation, celebrated in state
About Henry's royal marriage
Praise of Elizabeth, the firstborn daughter of Edward the Fourth
About Prince Arthur's birth
About Arthur's baptism
About the happy successes of his virtues
Innocent sends extraordinary gifts to the
Most invincible king
About the varied embassy of princes
About the Irish conspiracy
About the second triumph of Henry the Seventh
Another legation, this from france
About the embassy of Maximilian, king of the Romans
About the king's passage into France
About the terror of the French
About our king's return
About the conspiracy of Sir William Stanley
About the second invasion of Perkin
The surrender of Perkin.
- Translation of Historia regis Henrici Septimi, by Bernard Andreas ; edited by James Gairdner ; published by Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans and Roberts, 1858.
Translated from Latin.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hobbins, Daniel, 1966-
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9781599101880 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1599101882 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781599101897 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1599101890 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|