Theoretisch-praktische Chemie [manuscript] / von Prof. Ruprecht.
- [Banská Štiavnica], 1784.
324 leaves : paper ; 257 x 205 (225 x 155) mm. bound to 257 x 205 mm.
- Chemistry -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, German -- 18th century.
- Extensive work on chemistry in 137 chapters, preceded by tables of chemical symbols (f. 2r-6v) that are used in the text throughout the manuscript.
- Ms. codex.
Title from title page (f. 1r) and spine.
Layout: Written in 26-35 long lines; some verticals marked by folding; no inner margins.
Script: Written in a German cursive (Fraktur) script, by Anton Ruprecht.
Watermark: MUR AN.
Binding: Original paper wrapper.
Origin: Written in Banská Štiavnica (the attribution on the title page uses its German name, Schemnitz, then in Hungary, now Slovenia), in 1784 (f. 1r).
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly in the library of the Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, acc. no. 6748 (bookplate inside upper cover; accession number in ink, f. 2r).
Sold by F. Thomas Heller, Inc. (Swarthmore, Pa.), 1995.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 45.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 113 (LJS 214).
- Cited as:
- LJS 214
- Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Franklin Institute (Philadelphia, Pa.), former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|