Teaching strategy : challenge and response / Gabriel Marcella, editor.
- Other records:
- Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 
- Government document
v, 347 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Strategy -- Study and teaching.
Military education -- United States.
- Teaching all strategy, from grand to military, is essential in the preparation of national security professionals and military leaders. The experience of the armed forces in recent wars recommends that those involved with the system of military education seriously study the way strategy is taught. The task is even more imperative because the ambiguous conflicts and the complex geopolitical environment of the future are likely to challenge the community of strategists, civilian as well as military, in ways not seen in the past. In this context, developing the appropriate curriculum and effective methods of teaching strategy will be the responsibility of universities, colleges, and institutions of professional military education. The authors of this compendium ask and answer the central question of how to teach strategy. The findings, insights, and recommendations in this volume are those of professionals who are accomplished in the classroom as well as the crucible of strategy.
- Introduction / Robert H. Dorff
The elements of strategic thinking : a practical guide / Robert Kennedy
The study of strategy : a civilian academic perspective / Robert C. Gray
Teaching strategy in the 21st century / Gabriel Marcella and Stephen O. Fought
Teaching strategy : a scenic view from Newport / Bradford A. Lee
A vision of developing the national security strategist from the National War College / Cynthia A. Watson
How do students learn strategy? Thoughts on the U.S. Army War College pedagogy of strategy / Harry R. Yarger
The teaching of strategy : Lykke's balance, Schelling's exploitation, and a community of practice in strategic thinking / Thomaz Guedes da Costa
Making sense of chaos : teaching strategy using case studies / Volker Franke
Teaching strategy in 3d / Ross Harrison
Beyond ends-based rationality : a quad-conceptual view of strategic reasoning for professional military education / Christopher R. Paparone.
- "March 2010."
Format not distributed to depository libraries.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Marcella, Gabriel.
Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute.
- Other format:
- Online version: Teaching strategy
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|