Marius and Jeannette [videorecording] = Marius et Jeannette / a New Yorker Films release of an La Sept Arte/AGAT Films & Cie production ; directed by Robert Guédiguian ; screenplay by Robert Guédiguian and Jean-Louis Milesi ; produced by Gilles Sandoz.
- Other Title:
- Marius et Jeannette [videorecording]
- New York : New Yorker Video, 2006.
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Courtship -- France -- Drama.
Love -- France -- Drama.
France -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Romantic comedy films.
Motion pictures, French.
- In French with optional English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "In a small port outside of Marseilles, an animated circle of friends and neighbors join to share in the funny, colorful and off-beat love story of Marius and Jeannette. The vivacious, loud-mouthed Jeannette first meets Marius when he catches her trying to steal paint from the grounds of the cement factory he was hired to guard. Although it's a precarious beginning, the two quickly turn their initial attraction into a budding romance. However, just as their relationship begins to flourish, the warm-hearted Marius retreats with no explanation. Troubled with Marius' mysterious withdrawal, Jeannette's spirited neighbors decide to intervene with hopes of helping the two unlikely lovers save their romance"--Container.
- Ariane Ascaride, Gérard Meylan, Pascale Roberts, Jacques Boudet.
- Photography, Bernard Cavalié; editor, Bernard Sasia.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1996.
Enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs.
Special features: interview with Robert Guédiguian; foreign theatrical trailer.
- Guédiguian, Robert, 1953- , Director, Screenwriter
Sandoz, Gilles. , Producer
Milesi, Jean-Louis. , Screenwriter
Ascaride, Ariane. , Actor
Meylan, Gérard. , Actor
Roberts, Pascale. , Actor
Boudet, Jacques. , Actor
AGAT Films & Cie. , Producer
New Yorker Films. , Producer
Sept/Arte (Firm) , Producer
New Yorker Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
NYD65206 New Yorker Video (Firm)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|