Returns of aliens dwelling in the city and suburbs of London from the reign of Henry VIII. to that of James I. / edited by R.E.G. Kirk and Ernest F. Kirk.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Returns of aliens in the city and suburbs of London
Returns of aliens in London
- Aberdeen : [Printed for the Huguenot Society of London at the University Press], 1900-1908.
- Publications of the Huguenot Society of London ; 10
4 v. ; 26 cm.
- Church records and registers -- England -- London.
London (England) -- Directories.
- pt. 1. 1523-1571
pt. 2. 1571-1597
pt. 3. 1598-1625 ; Additions, 1522-1595
[pt. 4] Index.
- Includes bibliographical references.
"Only four hundred and fifty copies privately printed for the Huguenot Society of London."
Covers: lay subsidies, additional (London), Surrey, divers counties (Middx.), Middlesex, London, Dutch church registers; domestic state papers of Mary, Elizabeth, James I, and Henry VIII; Lansdowne MS, Dutch church MS, Cecil manuscripts, Strype's "Archbishop Grindall," Haynes's "State papers," Strype's "Annals of the Reformation," Burn's "History of the foreign refugees," Stow's "Survey of London" by Strype, Hamper's "Life of Dugdale" and includes an index of trades, occupations, etc. at the beginning of each vol. as well as an index of places in and near London at the end of each volume.
- Local notes:
- Nos. 2, 27, 26, 26 of 450 copies printed.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Cumulative index: [pt. 4].
- Kirk, R. E. G. (Richard Edward Gent)
Kirk, Ernest F.
- Other format:
- Online version: Returns of aliens dwelling in the city and suburbs of London from the reign of Henry VIII. to that of James I.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|