8 1/2 [videorecording] / Corinth Films ; created and directed by Federico Fellini ; produced by Angelo Rizzoli.
- Other Title:
- Eight and a half [videorecording]
- [United States] : The Criterion Collection, 2009.
- Criterion collection; 140.
Criterion collection ; 140
1 videodisc (138 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.+ 1 booklet ( p. : ill. ; 17 cm.).
- Fellini, Federico -- Drama.
Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- Drama.
Inspiration -- Drama.
Motion pictures -- Italy.
- Feature films.
- Italian dialogue; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray ; High-definition.
- Fellini's acclaimed semi-autobiographical film that wanders through his life and fantasies. Bonus features include rare photographs, interviews, documentaries, commentary, and a booklet featuring essays by critics Tullio Kezich and Alexander Sesonske and writings by Fellini.
- Marcello Mastroianni, Claudia Cardinale, Anouk Amiée, Sandra Milo, Rosella Falk.
- Story by Federico Fellini and Ennioi Flaiano ; screenplay by Federico Fellini, Tullio Pinelli, Ennion Flaiano, Brunello Rondi ; cinematographer, Gianni di Venanzo ; art director, Pietro Gherardi ; music, Nino Rota ; editor, Leo Catozzo.
- Title from disc.
New high-definition digital transfer of restored film elements with uncompressed monoaural soundtrack.
Originally released in 1980.
Special features include: introduction by filmmaker, Terry Gilliam ; audio commentary featuring film critic and Fellini friend, Gideon Bachmann, and NYU film professor, Antonio Monda ; high-definition digital transfer of a new restoration of Fellini: a directory's notebook, a 52 minute film by Federico Fellini ; The last sequence, a 52 minute documentary from 2003 on Fellini's last alternate ending for the film ; Nino rota: between cinema and concert, a 48 minute documentary about Fellini's longtime composer ; interviews with actress Sandra Milo, director Lina Wertmüller, and cinematographer Vittorio Storaro ; rare photographs from Bachmann's collection ; gallery of behind-the-scenes and production photos ; U.S. theatrical trailer ; new and improved English subtitle translation ; booklet featuring writings by Fellini and essays by critics Tullio Kezich and Alexander Sesonske.
- Fellini, Federico. , Director, Screenwriter
Rizzoli, Angelo. , Producer
Mastroianni, Marcello, 1924-1996 , Actor
Cardinale, Claudia, 1939- , Actor
Aimée, Anouk, 1932- , Actor
Milo, Sandra. , Actor
Falk, Rossella, 1926- , Actor
Venanzo, Gianni di. , Cinematographer
Rota, Nino, 1911-1979 , Composer
Corinth Films. , Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- The last sequence.
Fellini: a director's notebook.
Nino Rota: between cinema and concert.
- Publisher Number:
CC1854BD Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|