U. S. Marines in Iraq, 2004-2005 : into the fray / by Kenneth W. Estes.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- US Marines in Iraq, 2004-2005
United States Marines in Iraq, 2004-2005
Into the fray
- Washington, D.C. : History Division, U.S. Marine Corps, 2011.
- U.S. Marines in the Global War on Terrorism
U.S. Marines in the Global War on Terrorism
- Government document
vii, 200 p. : col. ill., col. maps ; 28 cm.
- United States. Marine Expeditionary Force, 1st.
United States. Marine Expeditionary Force, 2nd.
United States. Marine Corps -- History -- Iraq War, 2003-
United States. Marine Corps -- History -- 21st century.
United States. Marine Corps -- Stability operations.
Iraq War, 2003- -- Campaigns.
War on Terrorism, 2001-2009.
Fallujah, Battle of, Fallūjah, Iraq, 2004.
Najaf, Battle of, Najaf, Iraq, 2004.
Counterinsurgency -- Iraq.
Civil-military relations -- Iraq.
Anbār (Iraq : Province) -- History -- 21st century.
Iraq -- Politics and government -- 2003-
United States -- Armed Forces -- Iraq -- Stability operations.
- Almost as soon as Saddam Hussein's regime collapsed in 2003, it became apparent to U.S. commanders that a second deployment of Marines to Iraq would be necessary to conduct security and stability operations. This monograph recounts the first two years of this second deployment during which Marines were responsible for Iraq's cast al-Anbar Province. It focuses on I Marine's Expeditionary Force's deployment in 2004 and II Marine Expeditionary Force's deployment in 2005, and focuses on planning, counterinsurgency operations, and efforts to build civil-military relations with the Iraqi population. The first and second battles of Fallujah and the battle of an-Najaf are also highlighted.
The return to Iraq
Early operations in Al-Anbar Province
The first Al-Fallujah battle and its aftermath
The second Al-Fallujah battle
Optimism and doubt
The mission continues
Into the fray
Protecting the emerging Iraq
Redeployment and relief
Epilogue : new and old.
- Shipping list no.: 2011-0371-P.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- United States. Marine Corps. History Division.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|