Le Corbusier in India [videorecording] / Duniya Vision and Play film present ; a film by Manu Rewal ; produced by Mahmoud Chokrollahi, Christophe Grébaud and Manu Rewal.
- [New Delhi] : Duniya Vision, 2009?
1 videodisc (100 min.) : sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Le Corbusier, 1887-1965.
City planning -- India -- Chandīgarh.
- Documentary films.
- In English and French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- Between 1951 and 1965, the year he died, Le Corbusier built in India some of his most important works. He made the plan of a new city, Chandigarh, which was to symbolize the democratic and secular choice made by India, designed public buildings such as the Parliament and the High Court of the state of Punjab, but also two villas and an office building for the industrialists of Ahmedabad, the then capital of Indian textiles. The film tells the story of this adventure that reinvented modern architecture in a spectacular way, by using Le Corbusier's writings and drawings, photographs, a small newsreel and interviews with his assistants, critics and users of the buildings.--Container.
- Part 1. Chandigarh and Ahmedabad
part 2. The capitol of Chandigarh.
- Voices, Anne Morin, Jean-Pierre Bélissent.
- Camera, Pradeep Kumar; editor, Manu Rewal.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture originally produced in 2000.
Aspect ratio 4:3.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Rewal, Manu. , Director, Editor, Producer
Chokrollahi, Mahmoud. , Producer
Grébaud, Christophe. , Producer
Morin, Anne. , Narrator
Belissent, Jean-Pierre. , Narrator
Play Film (Firm) , Producer
Duniya Vision. , Distributor, Producer
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|