Vrbani Grammaticae institutiones, Graecae : nunc denuo summa di ligentia excussae, [et] à mendis hactenus minus obseruatus vindicatae : adh[a]ec quid operae (praeter) sufficientem principalium locorum nunc additum indicem) expectabis, epistola subsequenti reperies.
- Standardized Title:
- Grammaticae institutiones ad Graecam linguam. Latin
- Other Title:
- Urbani Grammaticae 1530
Grammaticae institutiones ad Graecam linguam
- Basileae : Apud Valentinum Curionem, anno MDXXX 
, 215,  leaves ; 22 cm. (8vo)
- *.e. ***. *.*. ***. (3) 1530 (R)
- Greek language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Switzerland Basel.
- Signatures: [a]-z⁴ A-2I⁴.
Printer's device on first and last page; woodcut historiated initials.
Text in Greek and Latin.
"The first Greek grammar of the Renaissance that was written in Latin ... composed by the fine Franciscan scholar, fra Urbano Bolzano delle Fosse of Belluno ... who had been tutor to Giovanni de' Medici, the later Pope Leo X ... The first edition, published by Aldus in 1497 without the author's knowledge, was later revised and enlarged by himself. This edition, destined for the use in schools, contains also the ʻGolden Words of Pythagoras' in Greek with a Latin version above the lines"--bookseller's description.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound in full calf with blind-stamped panel and central ornament on covers; six raised bands on spine; brief title stamped in gold on spine.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. inscription: "Milli[a] Tullen[?]" and armorial bookplate of François-Pierre du Pont de Romémont, bibliophile from Lorraine (France) on title page.
Culture Class Collection copy has a few ms. notes throughout.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tullen [?], Millia (autograph)
Pont de Romémont, François-Pierre du (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- NUC pre-1956, 65:136
- Curio, Valentinus, d. 1532, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Italian Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|