The collected later poems of William Carlos Williams.
- Other records:
- [Norfolk, Connecticut : New Directions Books are published by James Laughlin, 1950.] (Scranton, Pa. : Manufactured in the United States of America by The Haddon Craftsmen, Inc.)
- New Directions book.
A New Directions book
, 240,  pages ; 21 cm
- American poetry -- 20th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Norfolk.
United States Pennsylvania Scranton.
- The wedge
Ballad of faith
All that is perfect in woman
Choral: the pink church
The birth of venus
14 new poems (1950)
Two pendants: for the ears.
- "Copyright 1944, 1948, and 1950 by William Carlos Williams."
"Designed by Maurice Serle Kaplan."
Red cloth boards lettered in gilt.
William Carlos Williams "Winner of the National Book Award for Poetry in 1950".
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy 1 has dustjacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy 1 lacks section of 8 leaves inserted in later bindings, entitled "The Rose".
Culture Class Collection copy inscribed "Sculley Bradley my friend-- William Carlos Williams 1/11/52".
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket (worn along edges and spine) retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bradley, Sculley, 1897- (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy 1)
Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy 1)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Kaplan, Maurice Serle, 1908-1951.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Haddon Craftsmen, Inc.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963. Collected later poems.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|