Emotional survival for law enforcement : a guide for officers and their families / Kevin M. Gilmartin.
- Other Title:
- Guide for officers and their families
- Tucson, Ariz. : E-S Press, c2002.
xvi, 142 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Police psychology.
Police -- Job stress.
Law enforcement -- Psychological aspects.
- This book is designed to help law enforcement professionals overcome the internal assaults they experience both personally and organizationally over the course of their careers. These assaults can transform idealistic and committed officers into angry, cynical individuals, leading to significant problems in both their personal and professional lives.
Foreword / Alexis Artwohl
1. The journey through law enforcement
2. Officer survival
3. Are the changes inevitable?
4. What is actually taking place?
6. The hypervigilance biological rollercoaster
7. Long-term effects of hypervigilance
8. How to become an emotional survivor.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Lipman Criminology Library Fund.
- Lipman Criminology Library Fund.
- Publisher Number: