Sharḥ Jighmīnī fī fann al-hayʼah. = شرح جغميني في فن الهيئه.
- Standardized Title:
- Sharḥ al-Jighmīnī
- [between 1600 and 1799?]
ii, 90, ii leaves : paper ; 235 x 160 (165 x 95) mm. bound to 238 x 172 mm.
- Jighmīnī, Maḥmūd ibn Muḥammad, -1221? Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʼah.
جغميني، محمود بن محمد، -1221؟ ملخص في الهيئه.
Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.
Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʼah (Jighmīnī, Maḥmūd ibn Muḥammad)
- Manuscripts, Arabic.
Manuscripts, 17th century.
Manuscripts, 18th century.
Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Commentary on Maḥmūd ibn Muḥammad al-Jighmīnī's Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʼah with a few marginal notes; first page is a later replacement.
- Ms. codex.
Title from colophon (f. 92v).
Foliation: Paper, ii + 90 + ii; [1-94], modern foliation in pencil, upper left recto, including flyleaves.
Layout: Written in 15 long lines.
Script: Written in naskh with elements of ruqʻah.
Decoration: 23 simple diagrams in red, red and blue, or red and black (f. 15r, 18v, 22v, 25v, 39r, 43r, 43v, 45r, 46r, 46v, 47v, 48r, 50v, 63r-64r, 70r, 77r-77v, 80r-80v, 83v, 85v); overlining in red and black; selected words and phrases in red.
Binding: Modern leather with inset stamped central mandorla and two pendants on the vertical axis.
Origin: The copy was completed by Muḥammad ʻĀbid (f. 92v), and is undated, though probably copied in the 17th or 18th century. A date of 900 (A.H.) was likely added later; it is in a different ink that is similar to the ink used for the replacement page at the beginning.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Bouwman Oriental Books (Groenekan, Netherlands) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, 28 Mar. 2005.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 56-57 (LJS 474).
- Cited as:
- LJS 474.
- Muḥammad ʻĀbid, scribe.
محمد عابد، scribe.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|