Tankograd : the formation of a Soviet company town: Cheliabinsk, 1900s-1950s / Lennart Samuelson.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
x, 351 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Military vehicle industry -- Soviet Union -- History.
Cheli︠a︡binsk (Russia) -- History -- 20th century.
Tanks (Military science) -- Soviet Union -- History.
Tractors -- Soviet Union -- History.
Ural Mountains Region (Russia) -- History, Military -- 20th century.
Cheli︠a︡binsk (Russia) -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
Cheli︠a︡binsk (Russia) -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
Company towns -- Russia -- Cheli︠a︡binsk.
HISTORY / Europe / Russia & the Former Soviet Union
HISTORY / Modern / 20th Century
HISTORY / Social History
- "Tankograd depicts the daily life and strivings of the people in the Urals, ordinary workers, peasants, engineers and managers who transformed a slumbering provincial city to a central element in Russia's defence industry. It combines social, economic, and cultural history with military analyses of the Urals' importance for the Soviet war efforts"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note:
Cheliabinsk as Mirror of Russia's 20th Century
From the Civil War to the Five-year Plans
Industrial City as Socialist Vision and Soviet Reality
The Tractor Factory's Civilian Production and Military Potential
Stagnation and Streamlining in the Whirlwinds of Terror, 1936-39
Industrial Preparedness in Cheliabinsk, 1939-1940
Production Conditions for Heavy Tanks in the Urals
1418 Long Weekdays on the Home Front in the Southern Urals
The New Military-Industrial Complex in Cheliabinsk in the Cold War.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780230208872 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|