Elements of French grammar / by M. Lhomond ; Translated from the French, with notes, and such illustrations as were thought necessary for the American pupil. For the use of schools ; By an instructer.
- Other Title:
- French grammar.
- [Portland, Me.] : Samuel Colman ; Brunswick : Griffin's Press, 1830.
viii, , 4-108 p. ; 20 cm.
- French language -- Grammar.
French language -- Study and teaching.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maine Portland.
United States Maine Brunswick.
- Translated by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Half-title: French grammar.
Error in paging: p. vi misnumbered iv.
Errata slips inserted between p. 34-35, 38-39, 60-61, 72-73, and 78-79.
Translation, by H.W. Longfellow, of: Elémens de la grammaire française.
Bound with his French exercises (Portland, 1830)
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of Charles B. Foote featuring a portrait of Longfellow.
Culture Class Collection copy has  loose leaf with a bibliographical description of this book laid in.
Culture Class Collection copy has 5 leaves of class notes written in ms. at the end.
Culture Class Collection copy imperfect: Erratum slip inserted between p. 60-61 wanting.
Culture Class Collection copy has label of Philip C. Duchene, Rare Books, New York.
Athenaeum copy: Errata slips tipped in.
Athenaeum copy: Gift: Mrs. Edward S. Sayres.
- Penn Provenance:
- Foote, Charles B., 1837-1900 (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Checklist Amer. imprints, 2229
Checklist Amer. imprints 2229
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882, tr.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|