Color in the classroom : how American schools taught race, 1900-1954 / Zoë Burkholder.
- New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
xi, 252 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Race -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Racism -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Introduction : the social construction of race in American schools
Race as nation, 1900-1938
Franz Boas : reforming "race" in American schools
Ruth Benedict and Margaret Mead : teaching teachers race and culture
Race as color, 1939-1945
Race as culture, 1946-1954
Conclusion : race and educational equality after Brown v. Board of Education.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780199751723 (acid-free paper)
0199751722 (acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|