The crisis: : a solemn appeal to the president, the Senate and House of Representatives, and the citizens of the United States, on the destructive effects of the present policy of this country, on its agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and finances. : With a comparison between the extraordinary prosperity of Great Britain, and the general depression in the United States. / By a Pennsylvanian. ; [Fifteen lines of quotations].
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Pamphlets of Mathew Carey. v. 2 no. 12 PU
- Second edition.
- Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea--Chesnut Street, Dec. 17, 1823. (Price 31 cents--$18 per hundred.)
viii, , 10-79,  p. ; 24 cm.
- Tariff -- United States.
Protectionism -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1817-1825.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- "Dedication to James Monroe, president of the United States."--p. [iii]-iv, signed: A Pennsylvanian [i.e., Mathew Carey]. Philad. Nov. 20, 1823.
Edition statement precedes quotations on title page.
Last page blank.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is v. 2 no. 12 in a collection of Mathew Carey Pamphlets bound together.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Shoemaker, 12057
- H.C. Carey & I. Lea (Firm), publisher.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Pamphlets of the Mathew Carey Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|