(Re:) working the ground : essays on the late writings of Robert Duncan / edited by James Maynard.
- Other Title:
- Reworking the ground
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Modern and contemporary poetry and poetics.
Modern and contemporary poetry and poetics
x, 252 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Duncan, Robert, 1919-1988 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- "This collection focuses on the remarkable late writings of Robert Duncan (1919-1988). Written by emerging and established scholars, the essays present diverse readings of Duncan's work, addressing such topics as the evolution of Ground Work, the relation of the later poetry to earlier phases of his writing, its historical and cultural relevance, the theoretical concerns informing Duncan's poetics, and the significance of his later prose. Overall, this volume--which includes uncollected and unpublished writings by Duncan himself--offers a comprehensive introduction to the complex ground of his late writings while demonstrating a wide range of possibilities for their critical reading"--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Maynard, James, 1974-
- 9780230108103 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|