Rethinking African politics : a history of opposition in Zambia / Miles Larmer.
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub., c2011.
- Empires and the making of the modern world, 1650-2000.
Empires and the making of the modern world, 1650-2000
xvii, 321 p. ; 25 cm.
- Zambia -- Politics and government -- 1964-1991.
Zambia -- Politics and government -- 1991-.
Opposition (Political science) -- Zambia.
Political parties -- Zambia.
United National Independence Party (Zambia).
United Progressive Party (Zambia).
- Becoming Zambia
UNIP and the transition to independence in northern Rhodesia, 1952-1964
The United Progressive Party: towards a one-party state, 1964-1973
Disunity under the one-party state, 1973-1979
The Mushala rebellion
Intellectual elites and the 1980 coup attempt
"We have to think for other people": Zambia and South Africa
Nationalism and social movements
Epilogue: after UNIP: political change and continuity in Zambia's third republic, 1991-2010
Conclusion: towards a history of post-colonial politics in Africa.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781409406273 (hardcover : alk. paper)
140940627X (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|