The arraignment, tryal, and conviction of Robert Feilding, Esq. [electronic resource] : for felony, in marrying Her Grace the Dutchess of Cleaveland, his first wife Mrs. Mary Wadsworth being then alive : at the sessions-house in the Old Bayly, on the 4th day of December, 1706 : before the Rt. Honourable Sir Robert Beddingfeld, Kt. Lord Mayor, Sir John Powel, Kt., Sir Littleton Powys, Kt., two of Her Majesty's justices of the Court of Queen's Bench, Sir John Blencow, Kt., one of the justices of Her Majesty's Court ofCommon Pleas, and several others of Her Majesty's justices for the Gaol-delivery of Newgate
- Other Title:
- Arraignment, trial, and conviction of Robert Feilding, Esq
- [Buffalo, NY] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- World trials library
HeinOnline world trials
1 electronic text (27 p.) : PDF fil
- Feilding, Robert, 1650 or 1651-1712 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Cleveland, Barbara Palmer, Duchess of, 1640-1709.
Trials (Bigamy) -- England -- London.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Print version published: London : Printed for John Morphew , 1708
"With copies of the several letters between Mr. Feilding and his first wife Mrs. Wadsworth, by the name of Anne Countess of Feilding, as also all the learned arguments of the Queen's Council perused by one of the judges present at the tryal : to which is added, an account of the proceedings against the said Mr. Feilding in the Spiritual Court at Doctors Commons, and the sentence given against him there."
This trial was noteworthy because the Duchess of Cleveland was the former mistress of Charles II.--Cf. DNB
Description based on PDF title page, viewed December 7, 2008
(c)2008 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
- Great Britain. Court of Oyer and Terminer and Gaol Delivery (London and Middlesex)
- Proceedings against Robert Feilding, Esq., in Doctors Commons
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|