Trial of William Beals & Charles G. Greene [electronic resource] : for an alleged libel, published in the Boston Morning Post, on Alfred W. Pike, preceptor of the Topsfield Academy : at the November term of the Sup. J. Court, at Salem, before His Honor Judge Putnam / by the reporter of the Boston morning post
- Other Title:
- Trial of William Beals and Charles Gordon Greene
- [Buffalo, NY] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- World trials library
HeinOnline world trials
1 electronic text (52 p.) : PDF fil
- Pike, Alfred Washington, 1791-1860 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Beals, William, 1785-1870 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Greene, Charles G. (Charles Gordon), 1804-1886 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Trials (Libel) -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
Libel and slander -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Cases.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Print version published: Boston : Printed by Beals & Greene, 1835
"An article in the Boston Morning Post accused Pike of cruelly treating an eight-year-old girl under his care. Pike sued for damages and won but was awarded only one dollar by the jury." Cf. Cohen
Description based on PDF title page, viewed May 18, 2009
(c)2009 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
- Beals, William, 1785-1870, plaintiff
Greene, Charles G. (Charles Gordon), 1804-1886, plaintiff
Massachusetts. Supreme Judicial Court
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|