Frontline. Digital nation [videorecording] / a Frontline co-production with Ark Media ; produced and directed by Rachel Dretzin ; written by Douglas Rushkoff & Rachel Dretzin.
- Other Title:
- Digital nation [videorecording]
- Widescreen version.
- [Boston, MA] : WGBH Educational Foundation ; Alexandria, VA : Distributed by PBS Home Video, c2010.
1 videodisc (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Technology and children.
Computers and children.
Internet and children.
Mass media and children.
Video games and children.
Mass media and technology -- Korea (South)
Mass media and technology -- United States.
- Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional DVS [descriptive video service] for the visually impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, Region 1, NTSC; stereo.
- Within a single generation, digital media and the World Wide Web have transformed virtually every aspect of modern culture, from the way we learn and work to the ways in which we socialize and even conduct war. But is the technology moving faster than we can adapt to it? And is our 24/7 wired world causing us to lose as much as we've gained? This in-depth exploration of what it means to be human in a 21st-century digital world continues a line of investigation that began in 2008, with the FRONTLINE report "Growing Up Online." The journalists attempt to understand the implications of living in a world consumed by technology and the impact that this constant connectivity may have on future generations.
Distracted by everything
What's it doing to their brains?
South Korea's gaming craze
Teaching with technology
The dumbest generation?
Can virtual experiences change us?
Where are we headed?
- Correspondents, Douglas Rushkoff, Rachel Dretzin; commentators, David Jones, Sherry Turkle, Clifford Nass, Mark Bauerlein, Gary Small, Steven Maher, Jason Levy, Gina Cruz, Jennifer Johns, David Prinstein, Todd Oppenheimer, Marc Prensky, James Paul Gee, Henry Jenkins, Katie Salen, Philip Rosedale, Françoise Legoues, Karen Keeter, Jeremy Bailenson, Michael Kramer, P. W. Singer, Noah Shachtman, Larry F. Dillard, Jared Auchey, James Morris.
- Directors of photography, Sam Shinn, Stephen McCarthy ; editor, R. A. Fedde ; original music, Joel Goodman.
- Originally broadcast on PBS as segments of Frontline on Feb. 2, 2010.
- Goodman, Rachel Dretzin. , Producer, Director, Screenwriter
Rushkoff, Douglas. , Screenwriter
Shinn, Sam. , Cinematographer
McCarthy, Stephen. , Cinematographer
Fedde, R. A. , Film editor
Goodman, Joel. , Composer
Ark Media (Firm) , Producer
WGBH Educational Foundation. , Producer
PBS Video. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
FRL62809 PBS Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|