Academic achievers : whose definition? : an ethnographic study examining the literacy (under) development of English language learners in the era of high-stakes tests / Pierre W. Orelus.
- Rotterdam ; Boston : Sense, 2010.
xiii, 211 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- English language -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- United States -- Foreign speakers.
Academic achievement -- United States -- Testing.
United States. No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
- Introduction : an endless journey
Beyond empty rhetoric : examining the determining factors leading to ELLs' academic (under) achievement
Unveiling the flaw in the deficit theory : school, family, and student academic achievement
Situating the context of study : the school, state and federal policies, poverty, and student learning
The study itself : data method collection and analysis
Urban teachers' teaching practices and ELLs' academic development in th era of high-stakes testing
Achievers among (under) achievers
Academic achievement : whose definition? Mapping the literacy growth of Maria, José and Juan in the era of standardized tests
Conclusion : beyond institutional representation of student academic achievement.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-206) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|