Assassinat d'une modiste [videorecording] / Arte France et iO production présentent ; un film de Catherine Bernstein ; avec la collaboration de Nico Di Biase.
- [Widescreen presentation].
- [Paris] : Blaqout, c2009.
- Collection documentaire.
La collection documentaire : mémoire et transmission
1 videodisc (87 min.) : col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Berger, Fanny.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- France -- Personal narratives.
Clothing trade -- France -- History -- 20th century.
Motion pictures, French.
- Documentary films.
- In French or dubbed German; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, multizone; Dolby stereo 2.0.
- "Between her date of birth, on the 2nd of July 1901, and her deportation to Auschwitz, on the 18th of July 1943, in a wagon train leaving from Drancy, Odette Bernstein's life left few traces, except those found in the administrative archives. This young and independent woman, from a well-off family of Neuilly-sur-Seine, was the filmmaker's great aunt. Before World War II, she created her own hatmaking business, and changed name at the same time, becoming Fanny Berger. She set up [a shop on] rue Balzac, near the Champs Elysées. German occupation didn't stop immediately her booming business, but anti-Jewish laws from Vichy government would quickly get hold of it. The noose tightened around her: contacts with her clients were forbidden as well as the opening of a bank account, obligation to get her name registered and to hold the yellow star ... until Fanny Berger tried to escape to reach the free zone, got caught and was interned in Drancy camp. In the meantime, French administration managed to make 'Aryan' most Jewish firms, and Fanny Berger's hatmaking business was sold, supervised by a temporary administrator. In 1942, Fanny Berger found herself with no home, no business and no rights."--Dissidenz International.
- Monique Bernstein, Michel Bernstein, Fabienne Falluel ... [et al.].
Narrator, Fejria Deliba; letter read by Léone Depain.
- Camera, Jérôme Colin; editor, Stefan Richter; music, Christophe Chevalier.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2005.
"Les films de l'aqueduc."--DVD label.
Special features: A propos de la Commission d'Indemnisation des Victimes des Spoilations (CIVS) (15 min.) ; Le rôle de la Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations dans la spoliation des biens juifs(29 min.); Les camps du Loiret (12 min.).
Aspect ratio 1.66:1, compatible with 4:3 TVs.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Bernstein, Catharine. , Director
Di Biase, Nico. , Associated name
Bernstein, Monique. , Interviewee
Bernstein, Michel. , Interviewee
Falluel, Fabienne. , Interviewee
Deliba, Fejria. , Narrator
Depain, Léone. , Narrator
Chevalier, Christophe. , Composer
ARTE France. , Producer
iO Production. , Producer
Blaq Out (Firm) , Distributor
Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|