Connecting comics to curriculum : strategies for grades 6-12 / Karen W. Gavigan and Mindy Tomasevich.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Libraries Unlimited, c2011.
viii, 164 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Comic books, strips, etc., in education.
Graphic novels in education.
Middle school education -- Activity programs -- United States.
Education, Secondary -- Activity programs -- United States.
Libraries -- Special collections -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Libraries -- Special collections -- Graphic novels.
Comic books, strips, etc. -- Bibliography.
Graphic novels -- Bibliography.
- "Here is the essential guide for librarians and teachers who want to develop a quality, curriculum-based graphic novel collection--and use its power to engage and inform middle and high school students"--Provided by publisher.
- [Foreword by Robert G. Weiner]
Comics and curriculum : getting started with graphic novels
Criteria, curriculum, and conundrums
Here you come to save the day : building your graphic novel collection
Introducing graphic novels to your colleagues and students
Superhero graphic novels : a super way to lure readers
Comics and curriculum : strategies and lesson plans
More powerful than a locomotive : teaching English language arts with graphic novels
The write stuff : teaching writing with graphic novels
Connecting with the classics : graphic novel adaptations
Legendary resources : traditional literature in graphic novels
Biographies and autobiographies : memoirs, manga, and more
Science-based graphic novels in schools : a successful experiment
Don't know much about history : teaching social studies with graphic novels
Vote yes! : using graphic novels to teach political science
Nonstandard deviation : teaching math with graphic novels
Picture this : teaching fine arts with graphic novels
Coming of age with comics : social issues in graphic novels.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Tomasevich, Mindy.
James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|