The desert of forbidden art [videorecording] / a film by Amanda Pope and Tchavdar Georgiev ; Desert of Forbidden Art Film LLC. ; funding provided by National Endowment for the Arts ... [et al.] ; written, produced and directed by Amanda Pope & Tchavdar Georgiev.
- [United States] : www.DesertOfForbiddenArt.com : [distributed by] PBS, c2010.
1 videodisc (80 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Savit︠s︡kiĭ, I. V. (Igor Vitalʹevich), 1915-1984.
Art and state -- Soviet Union.
Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Soviet Union.
Artists -- Soviet Union -- 20th century.
Art, Russian -- 20th century.
Nukusskiĭ muzeĭ iskusstv Karakalpakstana.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Russian with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- "How does art survive in a time of oppression? During the Soviet rule artists who stay true to their vision are executed, sent to mental hospitals or gulags. Their plight inspires young Igor Savitsky. He pretends to buy state-approved art but instead daringly rescues 40,000 forbidden fellow artists' works and creates a museum in the desert of Uzbekistan, far from the watchful eyes of the KGB"--Container.
- Voices by Ben Kingsley, Sally Field, Ed Asner, and Igor Paramonov.
- Cinematorgraphy, Alexander Dolgin, Gennadi Balitski; editor, Tchavdar Georgiev; music, Miriam Cutler.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2010.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Pope, Amanda C. , Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Georgiev, Tchavdar. , Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Cutler, Miriam. , Composer
Kingsley, Ben, 1943- , Actor
Field, Sally. , Actor
Asner, Edward. , Actor
Paramonov, Igor. , Actor
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
National Endowment for the Arts. , Producer
www.DesertOfForbiddenArt.com , Distributor, Producer
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|