Marquesas [electronic resource] : OX06.
- New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, 2011-
- eHRAF World Cultures. Oceania.
eHRAF world cultures
Ethnology -- French Polynesia -- Marquesas Islands.
Marquesas Islands (French Polynesia) -- Civilization.
Marquesas Islands (French Polynesia) -- Social life and customs.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This collection of 8 documents covers a wide range of ethnographic data about the Marquesas from 1770 to approximately 1977. The best general coverage will be found in Handy, and the works by Linton. Other ethnographic topics in this collection incldue tattooing designs, methods, and differences between southeastern and northwestern island groups in Handy; Marquesan sexual behavior in Suggs; a theoretical and comparative study of the Marquesan understanding of person, personal development, differentiation, similarities and potentials in Kirkpatrick, and a summary of major themes in the literature on Polynesian socialization in Martini and Kirkpatrick.
- The native culture in the Marquesas / by E. S. Craighill Handy
Tattooing in the Marquesas / by Willowdean Chatterson Handy
The Marquesan notion of the person / by John Kirkpatrick
The material culture of the Marquesas Islands ; Marquesan culture / by Ralph Linton
Parenting in Polynesia, a view from the Marquesas / Mary Martini, John Kirkpatrick
Marquesan sexual behavior / by Robert C. Suggs
Culture summary, Marquesans / Nicholas Thomas.
- This portion of eHRAF world cultures was last updated in 2011 and is a revision and update of the microfiche file.
Title from Web page (viewed Nov. 14, 2011).
Includes bibliographical references.
- Human Relations Area Files, inc.
- Handy, E. S. Craighill (Edward Smith Craighill), 1892- Native culture in the Marquesas.
Handy, Willowdean C. Tattooing in the Marquesas.
Kirkpatrick, John, 1949- Marquesan notion of the person.
Linton, Ralph, 1893-1953. Material culture of the Marquesas Islands.
Linton, Ralph, 1893-1953. Marquesan culture.
Martini, Mary I., 1949- Parenting in Polynesia, a view from the Marquesas.
Suggs, Robert C. (Robert Carl), 1932- Marquesan sexual behavior.
Thomas, Nicholas, 1960- Culture summary, Marquesans.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|