12 angry men [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; story and screenplay by Reginald Rose ; produced by Henry Fonda and Reginald Rose ; directed by Sidney Lumet ; Orion-Nova ; a United Artists presentation.
- Standardized Title:
- 12 angry men (Motion picture)
- Other Title:
- Twelve angry men [videorecording]
- Two-DVD special ed.; widescreen.
- [New York] : Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 591.
The Criterion collection ; 591
2 videodiscs (96 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + booklet.
- Trials (Murder) -- United States -- Drama.
Jury -- United States -- Drama.
Jurors -- United States -- Drama.
Abused children -- United States -- Drama.
Parricide -- United States -- Drama.
Capital punishment -- United States -- Drama.
Rose, Reginald -- Film adaptations.
- Legal films.
Motion pictures, United States.
- English dialogue with optional English captions.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1; NTSC; mono.
- A behind-closed-doors look at the American legal system as riveting as it is spare, the iconic adaptation of Reginald Rose's teleplay stars Henry Fonda as the initially dissenting member of a jury of white men ready to pass judgment on a Puerto Rican teenager charged with murdering his father. What results is a saga of epic proportions that plays out in real time over ninety minutes in one sweltering room. One of the most radical big-screen courtroom dramas in cinema history.
- Special features: Schaffner's 1955 television version, with an introduction by Ron Simon, director of the Paley Center for Media Studie; "12 angry men": from televion to the big screen, a video essay by film scholar Vance Kapley; archival interviews with Lumet; new interview about the director with writer Walter Bernstein; new interview with Simon about television writer Reginald Rose; new interview with cinematographer John Bailey.
- Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Ed Begley, E.G. Marshall, Jack Warden, Martin Balsam, John Fiedler, Jack Klugman, Edward Binns, Joseph Sweeney, George Voskovec, Robert Webber.
- Director of photography, Boris Kaufman ; film editor, Carl Lerner ; music, Kenyon Hopkins.
- Based on the television drama of the same title by Reginald Rose
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1957.
Special features: Frank Schaffner's 1955 television version, with an introduction by Ron Simon, director of the Paley Center for Media Studies; "12 angry men": from televion to the big screen, a video essay by film scholar Vance Kapley; original theatrical trailer; archival interviews with Lumet; new interview about the director with writer Walter Bernstein; new interview with Simon about television writer Reginald Rose; new interview with cinematographer John Bailey; "Tragedy in a small town" a 1956 teleplay directed by Lumet and written by Rose.
National Film Registry selection, 2007.
- Lumet, Sidney, 1924-2011. , Director
Rose, Reginald. , Producer, Screenwriter
Fonda, Henry, 1905-1982 , Producer, Actor
Cobb, Lee J., 1911-1976 , Actor
Begley, Ed, 1901-1970. , Actor
Marshall, E. G., 1914-1998. , Actor
Warden, Jack. , Actor
Balsam, Martin, 1919-1996. , Actor
Fiedler, John, 1925-2005. , Actor
Klugman, Jack. , Actor
Binns, Edward, 1916-1990. , Actor
Hopkins, Kenyon. , Composer
Orion-Nova Productions (Firm) , Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Studio One (Television program). Twelve angry men.
- Publisher Number:
CC2092DVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|