19th century British Library newspapers [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Nineteenth century British Library newspapers
19th Century British Library Newspapers Parts 1 & 2
19th Century British Library Newspapers Parts 1 and 2
British Library newspapers
- [S.l.] : Gale Group
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
Launched in 2007.
- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Sources -- Databases.
British newspapers -- 19th century -- Indexes -- Databases.
- Electronic reference sources.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Searchable full text of full runs of newspapers specially selected by the British Library to best represent nineteenth-century Britain. This new collection includes national and regional newspapers, as well as newspapers from: established country or university towns; the new industrial powerhouses of the manufacturing Midlands; and Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Special attention was paid to include newspapers that helped lead particular political or social movements such as Reform, Chartism, and Home Rule. Penny papers aimed at the working and clerical classes are also included.
- [Pt. 1]
- Title from masthead on database home page (viewed Nov. 21, 2007).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John, Ruth, and Sally Ruth MacCorkell Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Henry Putney Beers Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the McWilliams-Tattersall Fund.
- British Library.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
John, Ruth, and Sally Ruth MacCorkell Fund.
Henry Putney Beers Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|