Sat pralāt [videorecording] = Tropical malady / Anna Sanders Films & TIFA, Downtown Pictures and Thoke+Moebius Film ; in association with Rai Cinema, Fabrica Cinema ; phūʻamnūai kānsāng, Chān Dœ̄ Mō ; kamkap dōi ʻAphichātphong Wīrasētthakun.
- Other Title:
- Tropical malady [videorecording]
Also known as: Sud pralad [videorecording]
- Director's vision ed.
- [Bangkok] : TIFA ; [Culver City, CA] : Strand Releasing, c2005.
1 videodisc (118 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Thailand. Kō̜ngthap Bok -- Gays -- Drama.
Gay couples -- Drama.
Missing persons -- Drama.
Folklore -- Thailand -- Drama.
Gay men -- Thailand -- Drama.
Shamans -- Thailand -- Drama.
Villages -- Thailand -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Thai.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In Thai with optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD; letterbox.
- "Tropical Malady" is two distinct halves, divided into two complementary and wholly necessary pieces. The first half is a love story. A young soldier, Keng (Banlop Lomnoi), is assigned to patrol the Thai forests, and he falls for a country boy, Tong (Sakda Kaewbuadee), a worker in a rural Thai village's ice plant. In the second half, that love story has been swallowed by a folk tale, in which the spirit of a man has found its way into the body of a tiger. A soldier patrols the forest, looking for a villager who has disappeared while a voice-over relates the story of a shaman who has the power to turn himself into a tiger. Is the soldier Keng? Is the missing villager -- or, stranger yet, the tiger -- Tong?
Prey & companion
- Banlop Lō̜mnō̜i, Sakdā Kǣobūadī.
- Directors of photography, Wichit Thanāphānit, Čharin Phengphānit, Jean-Louis Vialard ; editor, Lī Chātamēthīkun ; subtitles by Lī Chātamēthīkun.
- Originally produced as a Thai motion picture in 2004.
Special features: Commentary track [audio only; by director and film critic Chuck Stephens]; Deleted scenes [unsubtitled] (14 min.); Story boards [slide show]; Photo gallery [slide show]; Other Strand titles [previews] (8 min.).
Cannes Film Festival, 2004: Jury Prize (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 1970- , Director, Screenwriter
Meaux, Charles de. , Producer
Lomnoi, Banlop. , Actor
Sakdā Kǣobūadī. , Actor
Anna Sanders Films (Firm) , Producer
TIFA (Firm) , Producer
Downtown Pictures. ,
Thoke+Moebius Film (Firm) , Producer
RAI Cinema (Firm) , Producer
Fabrica Cinema (Firm) , Producer
Strand Releasing (Firm). , Producer
Strand Releasing Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
#2505-2 Strand Releasing Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|