Can Mr. Smith get to Washington anymore? [videorecording] / Red Envelope Entertainment ; Mr. Smith Movie, LLC. ; directed, cinematography, edited by Frank Popper ; written and produced by Matt Coen, Mike Kime, Frank Popper.
- Standard format (4:3).
- [New York] : Docurama Films : [Distributed by] New Video Group, 
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Smith, Jeff, 1973-
Carnahan, Russ, 1958-
United States. Congress. House -- Elections, 2006.
Political campaigns -- Missouri.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; Dolby Digital stereo.
- A college adjunct and political unknown at age 29, Jeff Smith decides to run for the newly-open congressional seat of retired Democratic leader Richard Gephardt. Not only does Smith face the full disbelief of his own family and the inevitable comparison to the political heavyweight Gephardt, the neophyte candidacy also faces a well-placed opponent, Russ Carnahan, who is supported by the longstanding political dynasty of his own family. The film follows the length of Smith's campaign, detailing the effort and achievements of both Smith and his grassroots supporters in the face of great odds.
- Jeff Smith, Nick Adams, Artie Harris, Clay Haynes, Matt Henley, Sam Simon.
- Piano score composed and performed by David Krull ; traditional gospel music performed by New Paradise Missionary Baptist Church.
- Originally produced as a feature film in 2006.
Special features: "Canvassing outtakes" campaign trail clips (8 min.); "Political forum: Russ Carnahan and Jeff Smith" (13 min.); "L.A. Times interview" (2 min.); "Inside the Campaign" (2 min.); "Outtakes" (34 min.); theatrical trailer (2 min.).
- Popper, Frank. , Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Screenwriter, Producer
Coen, Matt. , Screenwriter, Producer
Kime, Mike. , Screenwriter, Producer
Smith, Jeff, 1973- , Actor
Adams, Nick (Nick S.) , Actor
Harris, Artie. , Actor
Haynes, Clay. , Actor
Henley, Matt. , Actor
Simon, Sam. , Actor
Krull, David. , Composer
New Paradise Missionary Baptist Church. , Composer
Red Envelope Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Mr. Smith Movie, LLC. , Producer
Docurama (Firm) , Producer
New Video Group. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
NVG-9925 New Video Group
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|