Kyatapirā [videorecording] = Caterpillar / Wakamatsu Production ; producer, Noriko Ozaki ; director, Koji Wakamatsu ; screenplay, Hisako Kurosawa, Deru Deguchi. = キャタピラー
- Other Title:
- Caterpillar [videorecording]
- New York : Lorber Films : Kino Lorber Education [distributor], c2011.
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Soldiers -- Wounds and injuries -- Japan -- Drama.
Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945 -- Japan -- Drama.
- War films.
- In Japanese with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD NTSC, region 1; Dolby digital.
- Set during the time of the Second Sino-Japanese War, Caterpillar tells the story of a Japanese soldier who returns home horrifically mutilated. Lieutenant Kurokawa is literally nothing but a human torso: he has lost both his arms and legs, and with burns covering half his face, he is also unable to speak. His wife, Shigeko (Shinobu Terajima), is given the grueling task of looking after him, which, in addition to feeding and washing him, includes the job of satisfying his sexual desires -- impulses that remain as strong as ever in spite of his disabled condition. Taught to be dutiful and to do her part for her country, Shigeko bears her burden -- but as she realizes that her husband's life lies entirely in her hands, she begins to question the role she has accepted.
- Shinobu Terajima, Shima Ōhnishi
- Editor, Shuichi Kakesu ; cinematographer, Tomohiko Tsuji, Yoshihisha Toda ; musical director, Mamoru Ko ; music, Sally Kubota, Yumi Okada ; executive producer, Koji Wakamatsu.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2010.
Berlin Film Festival, 2010, Silver Bear Award for Best Actress.
- Wakamatsu, Koji, 1936-2012. , Director
Ozaki, Noriko. , Producer
Kurosawa, Hisako. , Screenwriter
Deguchi, Izuru. , Screenwriter
Terajima, Shinobu, 1972- , Actor
Ōnishi, Shima. , Actor
Kubota, Sally. , Composer
Okada, Yumi. , Composer
Wakamatsu Productions. , Producer
Lorber Films (Firm). , Producer
Kino Lorber Education (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
LF-DVD-811 Lorber Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|