Precious [videorecording] / Le Dans Tinmin (Lee Daniels Entertainment) ; in ahsun wit smokwd tinmant (in association with Smokewood Entertainment) ; produced by Lee Daniels, Gary Magness, Sarah Siegel-Magness ; screenplay by Geoffrey Fletcher ; directed by Lee Daniels.
- Widescreen presentation.
- [Toronto] : Maple Pictures ; [s.l.] : Lionsgate, c2010.
1 videodisc (109 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Sapphire, 1950 -- -Film adaptations.
African American teenage mothers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Overweight teenagers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Illiterate persons -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Abused children -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Rape victims -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Incest -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
African American teenage girls -- New York (State) -- Drama.
Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French; optional subtitles in English.
Open-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- In 1987, obese, illiterate, black 16-year-old Claireece 'Precious' Jones lives in Harlem with her dysfunctional family. She has been raped and impregnated twice by her father, Carl. She suffers constant physical, mental and sexual abuse from her unemployed mother, Mary. After getting pregnant for the second time, Precious is suspended from her school. Her principal arranges to have her attend an alternative school where her new teacher, Ms. Rain, helps Precious learn to read and she responds to this glimmer of hope. Precious also meets Mrs. Weiss, a social worker, who discovers the abuse and incest that Precious has had to endure. Her father dies of AIDS and Precious learns that she is now HIV-positive.
- Mo'nique, Paula Patton, Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Gabourey "Gabby" Sidibe, Sherri Shepherd.
- Director of photography, Andrew Dunn; editor, Joe Klotz; music, Mario Grigorov.
- Based on Push / by Sapphire.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2009.
"Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry present"--Container.
Aspect ratio 16x9; 1.85:1 DVD screen format.
Special features: audio commentary with director Lee Daniels; "From Push to Precious" featurette; "A Precious ensemble" featurette; "Oprah and Tyler : a project of passion" featurette; a conversation with author Sapphire and director Lee Daniels; deleted scene: the incest survivor meeting; audition: Gabourey Sidibe; "Reflections on Precious" featurette.
Academy Awards, 2009: Best supporting actress (Mo'Nique), best writing, screenplay based on material previously produced or published.
- Daniels, Lee, 1959- , Director, Producer
Magness, Gary. , Producer
Siegel-Magness, Sarah. , Producer
Winfrey, Oprah. , Producer
Perry, Tyler. , Producer
Fletcher, Geoffrey. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Mo'Nique. , Actor
Sidibe, Gabourey. , Actor
Patton, Paula. , Actor
Carey, Mariah. , Actor
Kravitz, Lenny. , Actor
Shepherd, Sherri, 1967- , Actor
Grigorov, Mario. , Composer
Sapphire, 1950- , Author
Lee Daniels Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Smokewood Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Maple Pictures. , Distributor
Lions Gate Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
2095 Maple Pictures
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|