Gaṇeśapurāṇa, circa 1700-1850. = गणेशपुराण, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Puranas. Gaṇeśapurāṇa. Upāsanākhaṇḍa. Selections.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (14 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 31 cm.
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity).
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- First eight chapters of the Upāsanākhaṇḍa, the first of two sections of an Upapurāṇa dedicated to the Hindu deity Gaṇeśa, the elephant headed god; this section is dedicated to the devotion of Gaṇeśa; the opening chapters deal with the mythology surrounding a king named Somakānta who is stricken with leprosy and his discourse with the sage Bhṛgu.
- Title from colophon (f. 14v).
Written in 11 lines per leaf.
14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śrīmadgaṇeśapurāṇe upāsanākhaṃḍe so[ma]kāṃtapurṇajankanirūpaṇaṃ nāma aṣṭamodhyāyaḥ 8 (f. 14v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins in red; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Non-Latin script record.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H. I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1048 (UP 2361).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2361
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2361
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|